Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week Two EOC: Questionable Ethics






...And I must say, this ad did blow my mind. This burger king advertisement created quite the controversy when released in 2009; the message is loud and clear. We're all adults here, but either way the advertisement is just plain inappropriate. It's intentions were to be funny, and it gained the attention it was meant to, however, I must admit it makes many viewers blush!
1970s ad

Barely legal is barely sexy, unless you're a pedophile of course. This 1970's Love's Baby Soft ad, screams questionable ethics. The intentions of Love's Baby Soft may not have been to seem inappropriate, however, the whole concept was quite perverted. A young girl holding a teddy bear while simultaneously acting sexy, it just doesn't add up.


I'll definitely be purchasing my next pair of running shoes from Nike. This Reebok ad was created,  not long ago, in 2009. If the intention was to grab the attention of it's viewer, it did the job. The ad is attention grabbing, shocking, and offending on many levels. I may be slightly biased towards the subject, being that I am a female, however my hope would be that anyone - female or not - would find this ad offensive. "Cheat on your girlfriend, not your workout?" Come on Reebok, you may as well have thrown a giant pig on the poster and gotten the same message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment